Tuesday, March 1, 2011

opinionated

I like to do a lot of thinking. This morning in the car Cony asked me "Why are you ignoring me?". Well I wasn't. I just get caught up in my thoughts and have come to the conclusion that I have ADD because of it. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm really opinionated. Not necessarily about politics or other "important" matters but things like...

1. women/girls wearing flip-flops to church
2. lack of parents disciplining children and making excuses for their kids bad behavior
3. parents getting upset about someone (mostly teachers) expecting respect from said kid and comes across as "mean"
4. screaming kids not being taken out of church services
5. furniture placement
6. a clean home
7. washing hands after using the bathroom

Some of you might be thinking, "what right does she have to have opinions about raising kids?". Well... I've worked as a nanny for 5-7 years and I've seen what works and what doesn't. I also have some amazing parents who taught me they weren't there to be my friend but to be my parent. I never understood that growing up but now I have a deep appreciation for the fact they took their role as parents seriously. It shocks me to see some parents let important principles go because "that's just the way they are" attitude. I know I'm not the only one that believes you have to train your kids, and dogs for that matter. I would go as far as saying training babies and puppies, are not much different.

See? I told you I was opinionated. I don't expect people to share these same opinions and know that most of us are just doing our best to just float. Plus- you never know ones personal struggles they may be dealing with silently. That's why I only share my opinions with few people (and now our fellow bloggers).

Cony and I are simply OVER living in our complex. We notice a lot more of the bad comings and goings now that we are outside with Gracie Lou. I feel I should know the name of all the drug dealers we see.

And we are OVER the snow and dirt. This is what we sweep up everyday in our entry.



And here's a little somethin' somethin' that I've been creating. I have a few things in the works and I'm excited to share them with you soon!



4 comments:

Nubia Mejia said...

#1 - LOVE your shoes!!
#2 - There's nothing wrong with having an opinion about kids even if you don't have them. I don't have them and I have plenty of opinions! :)

All of the things you listed, I'm pretty sure I feel the same way. We had a young couple in our ward several months ago (they have since moved) and she would NEVER take her baby out even if she was SCREAMING during the actual Sacrament! I hear ya girl! PREACH ON! Ü

Love ya!

Charity said...

I'm adding some OPINIONS!

-Gum smackers. So unattractive. And annoying. RUDE!
-Cell phone talkers. Get off your phone, I don't want to her your conversation as I'm shopping, peeing, standing in line... RUDE!
-People who let their kids cry it out in church. Take them outside. I promise I will when it's my turn.

Ruth said...

AMEN SISTER! Just wait til you meet a 4 year old that is not potty trained because "he is not ready" WHAT THE (*&^%$?%$# !!!!!!!!!!! So, you are right on with discipline being confused with meanness. Every child needs loving guidance. Anyway, you should touch base with Becky - crazy stuff happenin...

Afton said...

Oh, no!!! Should I have a complex about this blog considering it was posted a mere 48 hours after you sat behind me in church? :) I like your opinions, so no wonder I like you!