Monday, March 21, 2011

At the End of Everyday

I'm not gonna lie, the last few days (possibly weeks) have been emotional. I've been trying to avoid recognizing that I'm homesick and fed up with the cold. But it's true and I feel there is no way that I can survive 4 more years here. In my effort to find solace and peace in my soul, I came across this:


"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers & fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray & He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe."

-Elder Jeffry R. Holland

My aching heart isn't just because it's cold outside and snowing and I miss Georgia like the desert misses water, it's because I have so many hopes and dreams that I get overwhelmed by feeling I need to pick just one and that I'm good enough for that one. I'm also feeling I don't belong here and have no one to relate to. But I'm better than this, I'm capable of so much more than to just feel sorry for myself. A few things I like to do that bring me out of the depths of despair are 1.) serving someone- anyone and 2.) writing down all my blessings.

I'm thankful for...

my body.
my sight.
my hearing.
my sense of smell & taste.
running water.
indoor plumbing.
Gracie Lou.
the hubs- who keeps me from being lonely.
a job.
a car.
10 toes.
10 fingers.
friends who accept me for me.
nieces.
nephews.
in-laws.
brothers.
sisters.
parents.
forgiveness.
repentance.
Jesus Christ Atonement.
Heavenly Father's love for ME and YOU.
family.
struggles.
trials.
laughter.
hugs.
kisses.
intimacy.
electricity.
shoes.
internet & computers.
America.
my ability to read.
easy access to food.
creativity.
uplifting music.
Rumikub.
a bed.
love.
understanding.
compassion.



OR the snow.




3 comments:

Lois said...

You're beautiful and your dreams will come true and when they do they'll feel that much sweeter after waiting on them for this time.

I felt like a fish out of water when I moved to Hawaii. It was awful. Then, in time, it wasn't and things got better.

Put on a cute scarf and dance in the snow pretty lady. You can't help but smile when you dance...

AshlieM said...

I love you Meg! I miss you and wish that I could see you sometime!

Love
ashlie

The Potter Pack said...

I love love love that quote ... I am gonna take it and run with it too !! Meg ... you are precious ... you have many blessings ... and the best desires. I too, will pray for you that they come true ! (but meanwhile .... stay warm cuddling that adorable hubby of yours!)