Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm totally rad

Haven't felt well for a few days and finally broke down and went to the doctor. I try to avoid the doctor at all cost but when ya can't breathe, it's time to go. I have a few things...

sinus infection

bronchitis

reactive airway disease (also known as R.A.D)


Now I can get out of doing things because I have RAD and I finally have a reason to use the word rad for describing myself (he he). Since moving up to Connecticut I haven't been able to breath very well. I'm thinking my lungs aren't used to the lack of 100% humidity in the air. Things like that make me miss home. Oh and let's not forget the sunshine. Not something we've seen a lot of around here. We now have a small understanding why Alaska has the highest rate for suicides. Not seeing the sun or the grass for weeks, is just down right depressing.


I was walking into work this afternoon and saw this young gentlemen walking around with shorts and sandals BUT completely bundled up on top. I wish the picture was better, but I couldn't make it obvious that I was taking a picture.... if only you could feel the cold.


On another note. We seem to see a lot of commercials up here for cruises and Florida. It's smart, because it's hooked us on the idea of going somewhere REALLY warm.

2 comments:

The Potter Pack said...

You are RAD .... even without that breathing issue !! lol =) ... hope you feel better soon ... oh and that pic of the guy ... crack up ! ... and did I mention that we live in Beautiful Sunny Gorgeous California ? Come visit ME !!

Heidi said...

Megan,
Isaac here. Perhaps another very real possibility of your lung issue is that the freakin' liberal progressives are secretly sucking your will to live! You are in one of those cursed areas!
In all seriousness, I'm glad that you are receiving good treatment and they found the issue so you can get feeling better.
Note on the weather here, it is amazingly cold for KY. -2 this morning. We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground too. I love it! In this weather our sheep are beginning to have babies. My mental math didn't work out when I let the Ram get the Ewes pregnant. So much for a spring lambing.
Hope you get your trip to Florida.
Later, Isaac