As I sit here at work, slightly bored and feeling gloomy my thoughts are consumed with today being dad's birthday. Instead of shopping online and filling my buggy with $1000 worth of things I NEED from Anthropologie, I thought I would write down a few things I learned from my dad...
* to love sports of all kinds and being outdoors
* to love bulldogs
* to love family
* to be honest but also except honesty out of others. His favorite phrase: "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining"
* to be loyal to friends, work, church and family
* to never give up
* to work hard
* how not to keep a garden
* to love the South and History (the South will rise again!)
* to expect the best from myself
* to trust my instinct (he was usually always right about everything)
There are times I'm still filled with regret about many things, but today I feel blessed that he was my dad. Also feeling blessed that Cony and I were able to reconcile our differences with his dad and we have a wonderful relationship with him. (Joining the Mormon church didn't go over too well in the beginning).
Families can be together Forever. It's a beautiful and sacred promise, that I'm grateful to know for a surety. I'm constantly baffled that I was given this life and I get to share it with the most amazing family and friends.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Posted by M Crew at 3:12 PM