Friday, September 7, 2012

Lovin' Maine- Part 2

When the lovely owner of the Metcalf Home jumped into our car for a ride- she guided us through town by way of the lake. We saw where the road once began from a train track that followed next to the lake. I wish I had words to describe the beauty. 

_DSC0084

_DSC0083

_DSC0079

On our way to dinner, Cony surprised me by taking me through Augusta. I didn't know where we were going but he really wanted me to see something. Little did I know it was the building I was already vocally swooning over.
_DSC0116

This is where his grandfather graduated high school. If you haven't figured it out he has the same name as his dad and grandfather. 
_DSC0115

_DSC0117

_DSC0119

Then we made our way to New Harbor for dinner. I fell in love with this place before I learned it was pretty famous for it's lobster. Cony picked his own and I enjoyed a fresh salmon meal. But what I loved more was the scenery and atmosphere (and the people!). 
_DSC0121

_DSC0135

_DSC0127

_DSC0126

_DSC0123

_DSC0143

_DSC0132

_DSC0138




_DSC0142 

If it weren't every ones dream to retire in Maine and have a Bed and Breakfast, we'd be jump starting our plans now! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What gorgeos pictures! Maine is one of my favorite places, too :) I treasures my summers visiting cousins there. So magical. You did a wonderful job capturing that feeling through photography <3

Nubia Mejia said...

Oh my gosh! I'm SOLD!! Everything is SOOOO beautiful!

Sara said...

One of my brothers-in-law is from Maine, and you're right: Everyone's dream is to ultimately retire there and have a bed and breakfast! :)

I plan to go sometime in the next year or two because it seems like such a fabulous place!

Jill said...

Same here...I would live there in a heartbeat!!