Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sunflowers & Subs

Today is Pioneer Day and last week the youth went on TREK and since I work with the youth we went to the "Welcome to the Valley" activity on Saturday.  (Pioneer Day is a day we Mormon's celebrate the trek our pioneers made to the West in the 1800's and settled Utah).

_DSC0073

_DSC0083

Afterwards we went to a Naval Museum where you can tour a submarine. All for free. It was a neat experience to get a small glimpse of how Cony lived for almost 4 years. I have no clue how he did what he did in a sub UNDER water. I think I would be happier sleeping in an igloo with no blankets... and I hate the cold. 
_DSC0087

_DSC0101

_DSC0089


Monday evening we went to a sunflower farm with our Rose's and Seal's which has become my favorite thing to do each summer. I have decided that when we retire I really want to have a Sunflower /Christmas tree farm with a B&B on the property for Afton to manage! I told Cony my plan and he thankfully agreed. It feels so good to have a (set) plan for our future. Oh, and I can't forget the honeybee's on the farm too. I really am being serious.  

_DSC0208

_DSC0206

_DSC0204

_DSC0205

_DSC0195



3 comments:

Nubia Mejia said...

Oh my gosh! I want your sunflower pic!! Beautiful!!

Heather S. said...

Me too! I would love a copy of that. :) Maddie is adorable.

Sara said...

You look really pretty in the sunflower pics! :)