Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't Stop Believin'

Journey's song is my ringtone for Cony and it's fun to see people's faces when he calls. When I call him they get to hear "Turn Around Bright Eyes." by Bonnie Tyler. Anywho, There are many things to catch up on. April was a doozy in so many ways but somehow we have managed to come into the month of May happy and stronger.

Just a few highlights:

* We moved and I can't wait to share pictures. It's a true Victorian Home built in 1905 and the owners have completely redone the place. We LOVE it.

* Cony may have lost his funding at school but he has a full time job on campus for the summer working with the grounds crew. I'm jealous he'll be outside all the time.

*Gracie is adjusting to the new place. However, we keep finding her snoozing on our bed because she can't stand the wood floors. Rugs are coming!


*I was called to be the Young Women's (girls ages 12-18)President (we plan activities and Sunday lessons) in our ward (congregation). I couldn't be more excited. I'm having a hard time finding ideas that I actually like online so I might start sharing the ones I come up with (if I'm so lucky!).

motto
*Spring has finally sprung and campus is starting to look beautiful again.

*We still can't stand Connecticut drivers. I could write a whole post on our experiences ....

*We feel totally and completely blessed to be in love and to be able to live the life we live.



5 comments:

Crystal said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

If you think CT drivers are bad you need to drive in MA or RI...

XO

Clair said...

wow -- you moved! Can't wait to see pics. And double wow -- you got a super busy calling for sure. I'm the YW secretary and we have about 35 girls = so busy. We've had lots of great activities that I can pass along if you're interested.

RebeckerOnline said...

Well, I wrote a big ole comment and then something happened. Ah well. Thanks for sharing and glad that you are having wonderful experience amongst the uncertainty.

You are going to be a wonderful YW president! They need someone like you - so talented, so forthcoming and so loving. Good luck!

RebeckerOnline said...

So glad that everything is falling into place. So mad that the big long comment I wrote disappeared.

You deserve all the best and you are going to be a great Young Women's leader!

Nubia Mejia said...

Congrats on YW President! Try Sugardoodle.net. LOTS of great ideas! Good luck! Ü